Transitional care at Birchwood Health Care Center is for those who need to regain strength and independence after surgery, injury or illness and are in transition from home or hospital. Our experienced clinical team provides a spectrum of rehabilitation and therapy services on site to restore individuals to their fullest potential.
Our rehabilitation and therapy department is centrally located to transitional care suites so that staff can work closely with each resident in a convenient and motivating atmosphere. Residents enjoy private rooms with appealing décor, televisions and phones in every room – all in a safe and secure environment.
Also included in transitional care are customized wellness and spirituality programs, including social activities, educational and intellectual programs, physical wellness activities, vocational programs and spiritual services. Learn more about wellness and spirituality offerings at Birchwood Senior Living.
Services and special features included in transitional care:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language pathology
- Pain management through ultrasound and electric stimulation modalities
- Wound care
- Continence management
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Comprehensive cognitive therapy
- Restorative nursing
- Individualized dining program overseen by a dietitian with accommodations for special diets, menu choices and snacks
- Customized wellness programs that revolve around the “Wellness Wheel,” that has six dimensions of wellness including social, intellectual, physical, emotional, vocational, and spiritual wellness
- Spiritual services provided by on-site chaplain
- Spacious suites with televisions and phones