Memory care is provided at Birchwood Healthcare Center for those with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s and dementia as well as complex medical needs. Customized activities are provided to maximize independence and engage residents.
Our memory care unit is located in a safe and secure area within the building. Residents of memory care can enjoy the spacious living and dining area to socialize with neighbors and guests or view the outdoors in our enclosed patio area with raised gardens.
Also included in memory care is a range of customized wellness services and programs that include social activities, educational and intellectual programs, physical wellness activities, vocational programs and spiritual services. Learn more about wellness and spirituality offerings at Birchwood Senior Living.
Services and special features included in memory care:
- Assistance with all activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, preparing for bed, and escorting to meals and activities
- Structured daily programs
- 24/7 skilled nursing care that includes a qualified, professional team consisting of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, registered nursing assistants, and trained medication aides
- Individualized dining program overseen by a dietician with accommodations for special diets, menu choices and snacks
- Customized wellness programs that revolve around the “Wellness Wheel,” that has six dimensions of wellness including social, intellectual, physical, emotional, vocational, and spiritual wellness
You can also feel secure knowing that if your health status ever changes and you need a greater level of care, 24/7 on-site resources are available.