Volunteerism is a cornerstone at Birchwood. Our strong volunteer program helps our community come to life, and offers rewarding opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life. We work to match the activity with the volunteer – this way our volunteers enjoy their time here as much as our residents do!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us.
Volunteering examples include:
- Playing games, cards or reading to a resident
- Organizing a children’s chorus to perform for residents
- Helping organize ice cream socials
- One-on-one visits
- Assisting in writing a resident’s memoir
- Helping residents address and write holiday cards
- Serving coffee and cookies in the café
- Accompanying a resident on walks
- Bringing a trained pet for residents to enjoy
- Playing the piano during dinnertime
- Leading a group of quilters
- Accompanying a resident to lunch in the dining room