Volunteerism is a cornerstone at Birchwood. Our strong volunteer program helps our community come to life, and offers rewarding opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life. We work to match the activity with the volunteer – this way our volunteers enjoy their time here as much as our residents do having them here!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us.
Volunteering examples include:
- Play games, cards or read to a resident
- Organize a children’s chorus to perform to residents
- Help organize ice cream socials
- One-on-one visits
- Assisting in writing a resident’s memoir
- Helping residents address and write holiday cards
- Serve coffee and cookies in the café
- Accompany a resident on walks
- Bring a trained pet for residents to enjoy
- Play the piano during dinnertime
- Lead a group of quilters
- Accompany a resident to lunch in the dining room